As the warmer season approaches, now is an ideal time to consider investing in a whole-home dehumidifier. High levels of moisture inside your home can profoundly impact its indoor air quality (IAQ), as well as disrupt your comfort and that of those around you. With a whole-home dehumidifier installed, you will be prepared for any wet weather conditions during the months ahead!
At Hilliard-Dublin Heating & Air, we are committed to providing you with the best tips and tricks for keeping your home environment comfortable and healthy! Uncontrollably high humidity levels can make anyone feel miserable, but they also pose numerous health risks. To keep your living space balanced, safe, and cozy at all times – let us introduce you to whole-home dehumidifiers that operate efficiently when used properly.
Are You Worried that Excessive Humidity Could be Polluting the Air Inside Your Home?
If so, watch for the following indicators that your home could benefit from one:
- If there is an overpowering or musty odor lingering somewhere in your home – it could be an indication that the air is too humid.
- When there’s mold and mildew present in your home, it’s a clear indicator that the humidity levels are too high. These hazardous microorganisms will rapidly spread throughout the house when moisture is abundant, so you must take prompt action to reduce moisture for the protection of your family.
- If you find water or vapor stains constantly re-appearing on the walls and ceilings of your house, this is a good indicator that your home has raised humidity levels.
- Keep an eye out for warped ceilings, walls, furniture, or warped wood trim. These are all signs of high humidity that should not be disregarded.
- If you’re dealing with persistent moisture on your windows or doors, this is another unmistakable sign that the humidity levels in your home are too high.
- If your basement radiates a damp, muggy feel, it’s most likely due to an abnormally high humidity level in the home.
What Does a Whole-home Dehumidifier Do to Remove Moisture from the Air?
If your home feels too damp and humid, a dehumidifier can help bring the atmosphere back into balance. This incredible device uses its fan-powered chamber to detect high levels of humidity in the air; then it draws that moisture in, purifies it through internal coils, and releases the dryer air back out into your space. This cycle begins by extracting moisture from the air and storing it in your dehumidifier’s reservoir, providing you with optimal Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). As a result, you’ll be breathing cleaner air for improved overall well-being. With just one solution, you can get rid of excess moisture issues while ensuring that your home stays comfortable no matter what time of year!
What Are the Ways a Whole-home Dehumidifier Benefits Your Home?
- HEALTH BENEFITS: With the knowledge of the damaging effects that mildew and mold can have on our health, we must strive to cultivate superior indoor air quality (IAQ). Unfortunately, humid conditions are a prime environment for these microorganisms; therefore, it is essential that IAQ levels remain optimal. For your safety and well-being, controlling humidity should be at the top of your priority list! For those suffering from asthma or allergies, airborne contaminants can be an extreme hazard. A whole-home dehumidifier could be the optimal solution to releasing your home of bothersome and hazardous moisture levels!
- HOME BENEFITS: Installing a whole-home dehumidifier is not only beneficial for your health and comfort but also ensures that all of the valuable items in your home are kept safe. Excessive moisture can cause water stains, condensation, and irreversible damage to furniture or walls, or other surfaces. With this extra defense against high levels of humidity, any delicate pieces you own, such as antiques, artwork, and other collectibles, will remain secure from deterioration due to moistness.
How Much Maintenance Does a Whole-home Dehumidifier Need?
Maximize your HVAC system and make maintenance a breeze by integrating it with an advanced whole-home dehumidifier. In terms of maintenance, all you have to do is schedule the annual checkups for your heating and cooling units, then our expert technicians will inspect all of its components, including the dehumidifier too!
Don’t allow the difficulty of controlling indoor humidity to be something that causes you distress. With Hilliard-Dublin Heating & Air, your worries are over! Our experts will help you choose the perfect dehumidifier for your house and explain all associated costs; if any other questions come up, just let us know. Allow us to do all the hard work so that this one-time installation can bring peace and comfort into your home for years to come!
Call Hilliard-Dublin Heating & Air today at (614) 490-7520, or schedule an appointment online now by clicking here!